Topic Heading Text Change

Topic Heading Text Change

by Nigel Irwin -
Number of replies: 8

Hi

I'd like to change the topic headings to: 16px and #00335B. Which CSS code do I need to use and where would I need to apply it please.

I'm using Aerie theme in 2.3.3. Using Topic Course Format and Show One Section per Page

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nigel Irwin

Re: Topic Heading Text Change

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Nigel,

Firebug (in firefox) and similar tools in other browsers will give you this information. There is a firebug tutorial linked from the top of this forum.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Nigel Irwin -

Richard,

I know I use that but it dosent show me where the formatting is coming from, or it is using generic formatting for hyperlinks, which is used in the course format. I have managed to apply formatting by trial and error using the custom CSS box within the theme settings.

Thanks for you input.

In reply to Nigel Irwin

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Its probably in the course/courseformat/topics/style.css

In reply to Nigel Irwin

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

The reason you can't find the CSS for this is because the topics headings are currently just using the default CSS for an h3 heading.

To set the topic headings in the course, add to your custom CSS (or directly to one of the CSS files within the theme):

.topics .sectionname h3 {
font-size: 16px;
color: #00335B;
}

Let me know how you get on. smile

Also please be aware that Aerie theme is NOT designed to work with Moodle 2.3 or newer yet, unless you are using Aerie Lite.

In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

by Nigel Irwin -

Thanks Miriam

I ended up by using custom css in aerie, using the names .sectioname and .section-title found by using google chrome inspect element. I know there is an issue with aerie and 2.3 but only in regards to right hand column disappearing when in edit mode. Will be upgrading to 2.4 soon anyway.

In reply to Nigel Irwin

by Miriam Laidlaw -

Hello Nigel,

Glad you found a solution. smile

Unfortunately with regards to your upgrade to 2.4, I believe the same issue is still in 2.4 for Aerie. But there is light at the end of the tunnel - I am going to be working on this theme again very soon! There have been changes in Moodle core code that should allow me to change things in Aerie to make it more compatible again. Hooray!

In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

by Nigel Irwin -

HI Miriam

Thanks. I actually went and use Aerie Lite, implementing some changes that I had done to Aerie in regard to CSS and adding images to page header.

Not sure if you knew but Aerie causes a problem with restoring and importing from causes. I was getting a 'unable to read from database' error with Aerie but that was resolved when I changed to Lite.

In reply to Nigel Irwin

by Miriam Laidlaw -

Hmmmm thank you, I will definitely be investigating that! I didn't know. If I can make that same problem occur at my end it should give me a starting point.

Did you get any more error information than that?