Can't login

by Marta Blasco -
Number of replies: 9

Hi, I've changed my pc I've installed to follow software:
- Windows 8 64 bits
- EasyPHP 12.1
- mySQL 5.5.28
- moodle 2.4
I've imported to mysql the moodle database.
When I execute moodle, appears courses, categories, and so on. But when I try to login I can't.
If I execute moodle in my old computer, there is no problem. I can login as administrator.
Can anybody tell me any idea where is the problem?
Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marta Blasco

Re: Can't login

by Fatema Siddiqua -

It seems that, you did't run the replace.php script after site migration.

Plz. refer http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Moodle_migration

In reply to Fatema Siddiqua

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There's nothing in the replace script that would prevent (or fix) logging in.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Marta Blasco -

Thanks for your answers.
I've read the links you have said and I think all is correct. 
Exactly I can't understand the problem I've got. When I visit my moodle I can see courses, categories, teachers, ... this means I can access to moodle database. What  I can't understand is why I can't login if I write the correct username and password.

Thanks

In reply to Marta Blasco

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Try the 'forgotten password' link

by Marta Blasco -

Thanks. It doesn't work. Appears the follow message "Error sending password change confirmation email". To solve the program I'd need to login as admin, but I can't

In reply to Marta Blasco

by Howard Miller -

So you have two problems wide eyes

Can you get to the database to run a query...

UPDATE mdl_user set password=md5('somepassword') WHERE username='admin';

where 'somepassword' is the password you want and 'admin' is your admin name.

Dod you *really* check everything in that FAQ entry. Not just the easy ones. I'm not being horrible but one of them is almost certainly the problem. It always is.

by Fatema Siddiqua -

Miller Sir, Once I also faced the same problem and after running script, it solved...I dont know why....May be somthing else be the reason. Thanks for your reply.

In reply to Fatema Siddiqua

by Marta Blasco -

Hi,
I've updated the password and I still can't login. But I think there is another problem, because if I can see the courses that are stored in moodle database, why can't I login? Perhaps privilegis, who knows? me no.

Thanks