URL/Repositories Issue

Re: URL/Repositories Issue

by Ralph Blakeslee -
Number of replies: 3

Hello Helen!

I have the following repositories listed as "Enabled and visible" under the Manage repositories page:

• Server files
  • Recent files
  • Upload a file
  • Private files
  • File system

The File system repository has the following settings:

• 2 site-wide common instances
  • 2 course-wide common instances
  • 0 user private instances

I should have mentioned that I am using v 2.4.1 in my earlier post. 

I will review the File picker documentation more closely.  As I stated, it is the one aspect of the new Moodle (I have been a convert since v 1.5) that I can not seem to get my head around.

Many thanks

Ralph

In reply to Ralph Blakeslee

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ralph. If you are using the URL option then I think you need to have website-repositories like Flickr or Wikimedia enabled, as Helen suggests, because they are places you can "choose a link" from. If you want to display files from the repositories you mention in your post then you would select the "file" option.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Hi Mary,

Thanks.  I was able enable Wikimedia and that worked, so now I have a better understanding of that function. 

I think you are right, what I am really trying to do is use the File Resource, and I need to get my head around the whole Repository system.

What I am trying to do is upload zipped files which contain an e-book.  I also need to address the restrictions on upload file size restrictions.

Thanks for the direction.  I will keep pushing forward.

Ralph 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Mary & Helen,

First, thanks for the help.  I tried using the file resouce rather then the url.  I uploaded my files (a group of files I use for the my e-book that is displayed using flash).  I succesfully use the file rescourse to find the index.hmtl file in the folider.  When I click on the file link in the classroom this is what I get:

I do have the flash player installed in the web browser (chrome).  Not sure what to make of this.

Regards,

Ralph