General help

Picture of patrick hecking
Import old gradebooks for similar course

I want to reuse old gradebooks for the same course in the next year, so that i do not have to add all quizzes, tests, etc, columns  manually. I could not find any useful information anywhere, neither in the manual, nor in the user forums.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Ken Task
Re: Import old gradebooks for similar course
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Not sure that the following is what you are asking, but ....

Backup current course with no users.  Restore the no user course backup with slightly different name.

Will that not give you what is desired?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Hi Ken,

thank you for your answer. It is not was I was looking for. I want a course from last year, but in the import list of the present course it does not show up, and when I try to export last year's course, it only exports grades, what exactly I do not want, instead I want the grade template only, not the individual grades

Patrick

Picture of Bob Puffer
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

You have to do this with grade histories turned on for both the backup and the restore so you'll need the old users initially, then delete them after the restore

Average of ratings:Useful (1)

Hi Bob, thank you for time to answer.

I do not get what you mean by "grade history" turned on. There is no such item to click on. I mean I can see the grade history displayed, but what does "restore" mean? there is no button "restore" either. Perhaps you mean exporting the old and importing in the new course. Which of the 4 choices to export shall I use: Open document, plain text, EXCEL, or XML. The import feature in "Grades" allows only CSV and XML files, but the XML file shows only names, not grade item categories. Why can't I export a CSV file?

Hi Bob,

thank you for your previous response. The problem has been solved by advice from other side. It was related to finding the proper old course to import from. I did not type the exact name correctly last time, but I can do it now.

Patrick