Text editor broken - Court of Appeal

Text editor broken - Court of Appeal

by Russell Thomson -
Number of replies: 5

Moodle 2.4.1

This topic has excited very little interest. Do I just live with the inability to increase the screen size? I have upgraded. Is there no solution to this problem? Is that it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Thomson

Re: Text editor broken - Court of Appeal

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It's frustrating when one has issues and appears to be the only one with the issue.  Reason I say that ... if there was a major hickup in 2.4.x itself that affected all, there would be 'traffic' in these forums saying 'me too', etc..

It appears to be an issue with your system(s) ... either server or station.

The Font family pick list, Font size Style (paragraph, etc.) + Undo + Find + Find and Replace and the Toggle Full Screen bar is missing when one has toggled to full screen.

top bar

That makes it tough to return from full screen toggle with the edits and yes, can understand your frustration. :|

Am wondering if you have the same version of the editor (3.5.7b)?  That's what's in the most recent git pull '2.4.1+ (Build: 20130118)'

Check the folder:

moodle24/lib/editor/tinymce/tiny_mce/

There were also some theme updates in that 'git pull'.

Have you tried switching the theme to see if it's not theme related?

Also, have the latest browser updates?

Suggest a couple of things:

1. turn on debugging ... we might get something.

2. Might install FireBug in your FireFox and see what it says as well.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Russell Thomson -

I didn't understand a lot of the information in the post but I did change the theme to standard and it seems to work. Thanks

Does that mean that I an rerstricted to certain themes?

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Normally, when things are working correctly, all the themes that come with the standard package of Moodle should work.  Since 2.4.x now has cacheing you could have been victum of a cacheing issue (Fred did suggest clearing theme caches as well as browser cache).

Standard themes do, from time to time, get updates to fix bugs.  You could have discovered one ... but, more than likely, it was a cacheing issue - and that's a guess!  Hard to tell without seeing or knowing specifics to your server setup.  Obviously, it was only your instance ... otherwise, there would have been many, many, many postings with the same issue.

if you change theme again ... clear theme caches.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

by Frederic Nevers -

With very little to work from: could it be a CSS issue? Please try the following:

• Change theme to 'standard'
  • Purge all caches
  • Empty your browser cache
  • Try and replicate your issue

Cheers,

Fred