Taking Quiz Hides Quiz in Grade Book

Taking Quiz Hides Quiz in Grade Book

by Rico Bianchi -
Number of replies: 2

We are on version 2.2. When a student takes a quiz in a few of our Moodle courses, the course  becomes hidden in the grade book for everyone including admin. When this happens, if another student were to take the quiz, the instructor will not be automatically notified because the course is hidden in the grade book. I can get around this by locking the quiz but don't want to do this every time I create a quiz. Other quizzes in other courses don't exhibit this behavior and are not locked. Can you explain how this happens. I've tried to search and have not found any explanation of this.  Thanks

In reply to Rico Bianchi

Re: Taking Quiz Hides Quiz in Grade Book

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The quiz has its own settings for whether the grade for that quiz is visible. The gradebook setting is synchronised to the quiz one.

Given that is the case, the gradebook should not offer the option to manually show/hide the grade, and that was fixed in Moodle 2.2.5.

This bug https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-18301 explains the details quite well, if you want to wade through it.

Even so, the current situation is not ideal.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Taking Quiz Hides Quiz in Grade Book

by Rico Bianchi -

Thanks for responding Tim. We are running 2.2.2. The situation is that no settings for the quiz or the gradebook are set to hidden. The quizzes are shown to all students but after a student takes a quiz in this particular course, it becomes hidden in the gradebook but not in the course lesson. This is only happening in certain courses. In most courses taking a quiz does not hide the quiz in the gradebook. We are perplexed.  Rico