Modform - Change amount of Input-Fields with GetParam

Modform - Change amount of Input-Fields with GetParam

by Julian Jan. -
Number of replies: 2

Hi developers,

Im currently creating a little moodle plugin , its a question form with multiple choice checkboxes. My problem in the Modform i want to let the creator of the Activity to change the amount of Text Input Fields with the Get parameter &fields=x but when i submit the form it only sends the first field.

But, when i create the loop with a hardcoded amount of iterations it sends all fields.

Is this somehow a securty measure or what is the problem ?

Sry if it´s a stupid question but im pretty new to moodle plugin development.

Ps:In the file i appendet i tried a workaround but it wasn´t sucessfull.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Jan.

Re: Modform - Change amount of Input-Fields with GetParam

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Julian "i want to let the creator of the Activity to change the amount of Text Input Fields"

I suppose you mean you want to let the creator change the number of Text input fields (not the amount of text in those fields).

I suggest you look at the way the Quiz settings form deals with adding x Feedback fields to the form. That's file moodle/mod/quiz/mod_form.php. It uses $this->repeat_elements(...).

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Modform - Change amount of Input-Fields with GetParam

by Julian Jan. -

Yes that´s what i meant ( sry im not natively speaking english, hope my english isn´t to hard to read wink ).

Back to the topic, what you suggested really was the way to go reach what i intended to do, thanks for the hint.

I just initialized my optional parameter as standard $repeatno so that if i want to create 21 answers i dont need to click the add 3 more answers button 7 times.