integrate etherpad into assignment type

integrate etherpad into assignment type

by Kate Fernando -
Number of replies: 2

Is there way to integrate etherpad in to assignment type in moodle 2.2 as an rtcollaborative editor?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Fernando

Re: integrate etherpad into assignment type

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes it should be possible to integrate etherpad into an assignment. It would probably take an experienced Moodle developer (preferably one who is also familiar with the etherpad API) about 3-5 days to develop a suitable submission type.

I would question how you would want it to work though,  would each student submit an individual pad (in which case, you are not really using the collaborative nature of etherpad) or would it be more like the Moodle 2.4 team assignment?

Note, in case you aren't aware, there is already an etherpad activity available for Moodle.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

Re: integrate etherpad into assignment type

by Kate Fernando -

thanks for the reply. I want to use etherpad as an team assignment submission. I already integrate etherpad in to moodle. In this case what I need is to add grading functionalities to etherpad by using it as an assignment type.