No HTML Editor

No HTML Editor

von Timothy Takemoto -
Anzahl Antworten: 8

I have lost my html editor in a recent 1.4.4+.

I do not have and carriage returns at the end of config.php
The HTML editor is allowed in the HTML editor settings page
In the Database, mdl_config.htmleditor.value = 1

But looking at the source of forum post, or activity setup pages, the htmlarea javascript is not being added the bottom of pages with a textarea. Javascript, such as that of the timer is working however.

I have hacked a few files as I usually do, but otherwise it is a fresh install of 1.4.4 + (2004083140). This is the first time I have experienced the lack of a HTML editor.

I am probably doing something simple wrong,

Timothy

Mittelwert:  -
Als Antwort auf Timothy Takemoto

Re: No HTML Editor

von Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
You may have put some extra carriage returns in some of the files you've been hacking.  Try my configcheck.php script https://webwork2.math.ohio-state.edu/configcheck.php
Als Antwort auf Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

von Timothy Takemoto -

Thanks very much Zbig,

I am sure you are right, and that is the answer. Your script should be in Moodle ("press this button to check your onfig.php for extraneous characters").

There does not seem to be anything in my config.php's (thanks)

Your wonderful script does not seem to allow me to check the other files that I hacked. How does it work? Can I do it?

Timothy

von Timothy Takemoto -

Whenever I hack I leave a copy of the original file with a prefix. I went through the php files that I have hacked replacing the hacked file with the original but it did not seem to make any difference. Perhaps there is a cache problem?

Also I presume that any file that is causing this problem would have to be one which is acessed globally such as weblib.php (which I have hacked) rather than for instance mod/forum/post.php.

The problem persists with the standard theme, and irespective of the language setting.

I will try reuploading moodle on Monday.

Timothy

von Timothy Takemoto -
I am still HTML editor-less even though I have gone through all the files that I have hacked to ensure that they do not have any extra lines at the end of the file.

Is anyone elses lacking a HTML editor?

Timothy

von Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Zbigniew, moodlers

I found out that my lack of a html editor was due to my stupid mistake.

Somehow my user preferences were set to not use the html editor (mdle_user.htmleditor = 0). When I used SQL, UPDATE mdl_user SET htmleditor =1, then all the users then logged in can use the htmleditor.

The reason why the preference for the htmleditor was turned off is because I was using a hacked version of user/edit.html, with some of the input fields commented out.

But this is surprising. I have removed parts of edit.html before (last term) and when I did the values resorted, I think, to their default values in mdl_user, which is "1." But for somereason it is being set to zero now. Has somethign changed? This should be in a "user" forum.

I will try
<INPUT TYPE=hidden htmleditor="1">
in the edit.html file.

Timothy

von Timothy Takemoto -

When I remove the code to allow users to set whether they want to use the htmleditor or not, for reasons unknown to me the setting (htmleditor) is being set to not use the editor (0).

In the post above, I said I would try using
<INPUT TYPE=hidden htmleditor="1">
in user/edit.hml

But the correct html is
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=htmleditor VALUE="1">
This ensures that everyone gets the htmleditor.

Timothy

von Mark Mead -
I am suddenly having a problem such as yours.  Some time after my upgrade to 1.5.2, I became unable to write with HTML.  If I disable my HTML editor in config, I can type text onto my modules.  However, if it is allowed, I can't use the HTML editor or HTML at all.  In fact, with any tags, I get a Server Error.  It has been working fine, even after the upgrade, but now it doesn't appear to accept it at all.  Any ideas?