Mediabird Study Notes - Could Not Load Groups

Mediabird Study Notes - Could Not Load Groups

by Nick Terry -
Number of replies: 1

I'm using Moodle version 1.9.13 (Build: 20110801) and am having problems with the Mediabird Study Notes plugin. I'm getting the following errors when browsing to it:

'Could not load groups'

'An invalid reply was sent. This might be a bug or a session timeout. Try reloading the page'

'Could not retrieve the note folder list'

I've had a look at the documentation for the plugin and it appears to be setup correctly. However, I need some pointers on how to troubleshoot this.

Not sure if it helps but I get the following in the PHP error logs when I load the page which uses the plugin:

PHP Notice:  print_header() was sent a string as 3rd (Reflections Workbook) parameter. This is deprecated in favour of an array built by build_navigation(). Please upgrade your code.<ul style="text-align: left"><li>line 2576 of lib/weblib.php: call to debugging()</li><li>line 3043 of lib/weblib.php: call to print_header()</li><li>line 283 of mod/studynotes/view.php: call to print_header_simple()</li></ul> in /var/www/html/vle/lib/weblib.php on line 7060

PHP Notice:  Navigation needs to be updated to use build_navigation()<ul style="text-align: left"><li>line 3810 of lib/weblib.php: call to debugging()</li><li>line 64 of theme/ISL/header.html: call to print_navigation()</li><li>line 2816 of lib/weblib.php: call to include()</li><li>line 3043 of lib/weblib.php: call to print_header()</li><li>line 283 of mod/studynotes/view.php: call to print_header_simple()</li></ul> in /var/www/html/vle/lib/weblib.php on line 7060

PHP Fatal error:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /var/www/html/vle/mod/studynotes/server/data_handling.php on line 585

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nick Terry

Re: Mediabird Study Notes - Could Not Load Groups

by Nick Terry -

Here's an update for anyone who's stumbled across this post and having similar issues with the plug-in. Study Notes hasn't been supported by Mediabird since 2009 so if you're running into problems you'll probably be better off looking into an alternative.

However, I've been informed by Mediabird that there's a commercially supported version operated by a company called 'softstairs': http://www.softstairs.de/.