Successful Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.4.1

Successful Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.4.1

by Nilesh Kulkarni -
Number of replies: 2

Dear All Moodlers,

we report problems so I though let us report success as well. I could not upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.4 BUT i successfully upgraded to 2.4.1.  Mentioning steps below

1) Pl take backup of Moodle core folder / Moodledata folder / Moodle DB/  

2) You can also Export users list in CSV format / Download courses MBZ files if you wish so. I did this as a safe step

3) mv moodle folder to moodle _231

4) copy moodle-2.4.1.tgz to moodle folder

5) unzip the file using tar utility

6) copy config.php from moodle_231 to moodle

7) point to moodle folder in browser and upgade

8) You are done

Let me admit that i did not understand upgrade failure to 2.4  while success to 2.4.1

Cheers,

Nilesh Kulkarni

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Nilesh Kulkarni

Ynt: Successful Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.4.1

by Ayşe Gür -

Hi,

After eighth step, what will we do? In other words, how i will import moodledata folder, courses contents, menu etc?

And i want upgrade 2.4+. if i upgrade with this methods , will occure a problem?

In reply to Ayşe Gür

Re: Ynt: Successful Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.4.1

by Nilesh Kulkarni -

apology for late reply.  What i did is

1) copied all moodle 2.3.1 structure to another location on same server.

2) so i had moodle datafolder as well.

3) then i just replaced moodle231 core files by moodle 241 core files

4) copied config.php from 231 to 241 

5) pointed 241 moodle folder in browser. It carried out DB upgradation as well and evrythingw wnet smoothly. I c'd see all course, users, admin and everything as i used to see in 231 

6) PL take backup of 231 DB becuase if you upgarde same databse (used by 231) then you will not be able to revert back to 231.

7) From my exp i can say copying moodledata folder ensures all courses and users you can have as it is in upgraded version. only core files and DB get changed after upgradation.

i hope this will help you.  

Average of ratings: Useful (2)