2.4 No Icons or Themes

2.4 No Icons or Themes

by Shane Mathew -
Number of replies: 7

I just installed 2.4 following the Moodle documentation. The Moodle pages themselves load, but there are no images or themes. Admin links don't work...all the links become "edit.php?id=2&course=1". The login page says "Cookies must be enabled in your browser" even though cookies are enabled in all the browsers I've checked. $CFG->wwwroot is set to the correct address, which is the same address I'm using in my browsers to access through the Internet.

Moodle 2.4, nginx 1.3.8, PHP 5.4.6-1, MariaDB 5.5.28a

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shane Mathew

Re: 2.4 No Icons or Themes

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

nginx is suddenly popular this week!

Firstly, try Site administration > Server > Http.  Find the option 'Slasharguments' and untick it. Does that help?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Shane Mathew -

I clicked the "Server > Http" link and the page didn't change. The URI changed as I indicated in my original post. I added "$CFG->slasharguments=1" to config.php, but that apparently didn't help.

In reply to Shane Mathew

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is your site public? Can we get a look?

by Shane Mathew -

Sure...it's just a test server. http://revshanemathew.com/moodle

In reply to Shane Mathew

by José de Jesús -
Peace.

Hi. Shene Mathew:

It is likely that when editing the theme (yui_combo) you're using something has been erased.
Try to restore the standard Moodle theme for you to check out what's missing.

Tell us how it went.

Greetings.

José de Jesús.

In reply to Shane Mathew

by Howard Miller -

As far as I can see, slasharguments is NOT turned off. Manipulating the links manually to look like it is off generates correct (looking) CSS.

You want $CFG->slasharguments=0 in your config.php btw.

Depending on your circumstances you may have to fight with your local web caches to actually see the change after you do that.

by Shane Mathew -

Thanks! It was the slasharguments issue. I forgot that 1 != 0.