cron.php Stopping at 'Processing module function assignment_cron'

cron.php Stopping at 'Processing module function assignment_cron'

by Nick Terry -
Number of replies: 4

I'm using Moodle version 1.9.13 (Build: 20110801) and attempting to run the cron.php script manually as root on the server. I get the following:

Starting activity modules
Processing module function assigment_cron ...

I'm then put back to the command prompt. What do I need to check to resolve this issue? Are there any logs I can look at?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nick Terry

Re: cron.php Stopping at 'Processing module function assignment_cron'

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Switch on Debugging. You should get some more info when you run it.

BTW... you should run it as the web server user, not root. I very much doubt this is your problem but could lock out files to moodle if it changes anything as root.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Nick Terry -

Thanks for the response. Debugging has been enabled. Looking at the PHP error log file, when I try to run the cron script (I'm running it from the browser now as the web server user as suggested) I get the following:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare gzdecode() in /var/www/html/vle/mod/assignment/type/openoffice/openofficelib.php on line 147

I've had a look and can't find much on this. Any ideas?

In reply to Nick Terry

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I take it you have some sort of optional assignment type there then (openoffice)? I'm not familiar with it, but it could well be broken. Remove it?

EDIT:
Ahhh... I think you'll find that gzdecode is actually a built in function in PHP so the openoffice plugin shouldn't be declaring a function of the same name. It may be a genuine mistake or it may be trying to reproduce the built in function - in which case it should have a check around it for the function already existing. Either way it's a bug in the openoffice plugin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Nick Terry -

I removed the OpenOffice PHP extension and the cron script is running fine now. Thanks for your help.