Warning: these links will not save your answers. Use the next button at the bottom of the page

Warning: these links will not save your answers. Use the next button at the bottom of the page

K P tomonidan -
Number of replies: 6

The message is now showing up in the quiz naviation block.  I have never seen this warning before.  I am using 2.4+, but have been using it since December.  Today while students were taking a quiz, it popped up every time they would click on a question number in the quiz navigation AND when they clicked the next button.  The message actually flashed so fast I had to do a screen print to read it.

I can't seem to find any reference to this warning.

O'rtacha reytinglar: -
In reply to K P

Re: Warning: these links will not save your answers. Use the next button at the bottom of the page

Tim Hunt tomonidan -
Core developers rasmi Documentation writers rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Peer reviewers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi

The warning should only appear if JavaScript is disabled. (But the way to achieve that is to have the warning always there, and use JavaScript to hide it.) The way we do this should not cause the text to flicker on-screen, and I have never seen it do that. Which theme are you using?

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Warning: these links will not save your answers. Use the next button at the bottom of the page

K P tomonidan -

Fadeback.  I have been using this theme for months now.

Javascript is enabled, but this is new.  It wasn't doing this until today.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what changed. 

Firefox and IE both show it.

I am going to upgrade Moodle when I get home.  I will post back if it is also happening at home.

I don't even know what the warning is referring to.  I had the students go back to past questions using the quiz nav and there answers were there.  I tested it myself and only used the quiz nav to advance to the next question (not the next button) and the answers were saved.  I have it set to show one question per page

In reply to K P

Tim Hunt tomonidan -
Core developers rasmi Documentation writers rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Peer reviewers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi

Some things to try:

1. Using Chrome or Firefox, check the JavaScript console to see if there are any suspicious error messages.
  2. Check the admin settings like 'Theme designer mode' and make sure they are off.
In reply to Tim Hunt

K P tomonidan -

Well it works fine at home.  Javascript seems to work.  I am getting errors not on only my site but others. 

I have a suspicion that my school has changed the java and javascript priviledges due to the java security threat.  It only does this at school, but the functionality of saving the answers is there.  As I said, I show one answer per page, so going to the next question (nav button or next) saves their response in the database.

It really is just a cosmetic thing at the moment.  I haven't seen that it is causing an issue with the students yet.

In reply to K P

Tim Hunt tomonidan -

There is a current Java security problem going around, which means that some people are disabling Java.

However, Java and JavaScript are completely different things (with unfortunately similar names) so what you are seeing cannot be caused by a Java problem.

I still cannot think what might be causing what you are seeing on the schoold computers.

In reply to Tim Hunt

K P tomonidan -

There may be other security things the tech group is implementing.  It doesn't seem to affect anything.  The only thing is that I have to answer the same questions 15 times in under 5 minutes:  "What does that read message mean...?"