General plugins

Picture of Sebastien Jaffredo
Re: Will Nanogong have to adapt from Java to another platform?

I believe there is a flash based plug in called Online Audio Assignment. It works just fine, I think efforts should concentrate on that solution. Still the real Nanogong added value lies more in the filter and the record button that embeds in the HTML editor. That's why we stick with Nanogong for instance.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Paul Nicholls
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Sebastien,

Assuming you're not still stuck on Moodle 1.9, you might like to take a look at my Record Audio repository (also linked in my previous post in this thread), which uses the same Flash recorder which I originally built for the Online Audio assignment.  It allows you to record audio directly into Moodle anywhere that a file can be chosen (including in the WYSIWYG editor, via either the "insert/edit link" or "insert Moodle media" button).  Combined with the standard multimedia plugins filter, you can use it to embed audio snippets pretty much anywhere in Moodle.

I've never actually used Nanogong, so I'm not sure whether this combination (Record Audio repository + Multimedia plugins filter + Online Audio assignment) covers the full functionality of Nanogong - if not, I'd be interested to hear what additional functionality Nanogong provides (though I can't promise that I'll be adding it to my plugin(s) any time soon).

-Paul

Picture of Sebastien Jaffredo

Hi Paul

That looks very promising. I wish such a combination existed 9 months ago (or that I had known about it) when we were looking for a solution for Moodle 2.

We put a lot of effort to remake our activities using Nanogong in Moodle 2, so the Flash option is no more practicable to us. But I hope this solution evolves towards maturity and integration over time sothat it may adress online language teaching needs for other users (or for us in the future).