Themes

Picture of Karthic Zuckerberg
Moodle Theme

Hello Mary,

I want to create a new theme from the existing one by copying its files to new theme folder. as duplicating. but its not working. what are the steps to do for this. can u help me out.

Advance thanks

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Paul Nicholls
Re: Moodle Theme
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Karthic,

Although I'm not Mary, I suspect that the first thing she'd suggest is that you follow the guide on how to clone a Moodle 2 theme in the Moodle docs - depending on which version of Moodle you're using (which you haven't specified), you might need either the Moodle 2.0 version or the Moodle 2.2 version.  If you've followed the guide and are still having trouble, please post more detail of the specific problem(s) you're encountering and what you've already tried,

-Paul

P.S.  Unless Mary has prior knowledge of your situation and is therefore more likely to be able to help than anyone else, don't address your posts to Mary - there are lots of people here who can help, but if you address a single person, you might find that everybody else ignores your post because they think it's part of a conversation with that person.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)

Hi Everybody,smile

thanks for your reply. k now tell me what to do for  creating a new theme which shuold be like my  x-theme . the thing is I  want to know where the changes should be done to create a new theme from default..like the changes should be done in style or  php and were to copy and waste. tell me exact step in structural and procedure way to change old theme to coustmizing theme...

thanks in advance

Moodle Themeing

Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply. k now tell me what to do for  creating a new theme which shuold be like my  x-theme . the thing is I  want to know where the changes should be done to create a new theme from default..like the changes should be done in style or  php and were to copy and waste. tell me exact step in structural and procedure way to change old theme to coustmizing theme...

thanks in advance

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi Karthic,

Moodle 2.x.x is not the same as Moodle 1.9 so your idea of just copying files and renaming the folder as in Moodle 1.9 will not work in Moodle 2, it's just not that simple!

As Paul suggests you could try reading the Tutorials listed in the header of this Theme's Forum.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=46

Cheers

Mary

Moodle Themeing

Hi Mary,

thanks in advance

It's only an avatar...
Re: Moodle Themeing
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Karthic,

You do not appear to even have looked at the Tutorials let alone try to follow them, so why should either Paul or I waste our time rewriting those tutorials here just for you!

The tutorial you need to follow is THIS ONE this is one I wrote.

Mary

Re: Moodle Themeing

Hi Everbody,

Thanks to the tutorial link which is sent to learn theme. I should go sad through it first

Thank you all