Moodle 2.2.5 to 2.4 Upgrade error: switch to YUI2 to 2in3

Moodle 2.2.5 to 2.4 Upgrade error: switch to YUI2 to 2in3

by Sam McNeill -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We run a pretty standard Moodle install, with a few 3rd party plugins and a custom theme. we've just upgraded from 2.2.5 to 2.4.1

Mostly, it works great except we are getting the following error from time to time (most notably trying to take Moodle out of Maintenance Mode!):

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PAGE->yui2_lib() is not available any more, use YUI 2in3 instead, see MDL-34741 for more information.

I looked at the Bug Report (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-34741) and it says this has been fixed in 2.4 stable (which is what we installed).

I'm not sure of the next step to fix this, so any suggestions appreciated! Cheers Sam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam McNeill

Re: Moodle 2.2.5 to 2.4 Upgrade error: switch to YUI2 to 2in3

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Hi Sam,

I suggest you ask this question in the Developers Forum. Yuo are mor elikely to get an accurate response there, someone will probably tell you that you can change code at a point where the YUI 2 lib is being called from. Alternatively, it may be a theme issue where the theme has not been properly updated to reflect the change in libs. One of the Devs may be able to help you there too.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Moodle 2.2.5 to 2.4 Upgrade error: switch to YUI2 to 2in3

by Sam McNeill -

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your followup - we got it resolved in the end.

For others that may have similar issues we restored from backup and then upgraded from 2.2.4 to 2.3.

We checked it was all working (it was) and then upgraded to 2.4 but without the plugins.

I think what happened was that that the /mod/ directory was copied from 2.2.4 to 2.4 in its entirety, thus copying "old" plugins that were incompatible with 2.4

We reinstalled our third party plugins into our working 2.4 install directly from the web to ensure we had the latest versions.

Cheers again for the help,

Sam