Display Percentage on Assignment Feedback?

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 4
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Display Percentage on Assignment Feedback?

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi April

Yes there is a way to display the % rather than the point score.  This is done via the gradebook for the assignment.  Navigate to the Gradebook - Categories & Items then click the edit icon next to the assignment's grade item.  Change the 'Grade Display Type' from "Real" to "Percentage".

This is reflected in both the gradebook and on the assignment page for the student smile  Teachers will also see the % until they turn editing on in which case they will see the real point score.

I hope this helps smile
Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Carol Howells -

Hi I'd like to jump in here as I've tried this and can't get the student view of the feedback to show the desired Letter rather than grade. It seems that you can make the grade book display in a number of ways but not the feedback view. I'm using 2.4.1 as we just upgraded and it used to work fine before. This is very important for my organisation. I've attached a file with screenshots if any one can please help.

In reply to Carol Howells

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Carol,

Use the same directions Teresa gave to April, but instead of changing from "Real" to "Percentage" you would need to select one of the three "Letter" options.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Carol Howells -

Thank you for your reply. I wish it was that simple but it doesn't work. It used to work for 2.1.

I can't get it to show anything other than a number grade in the submission feedback page which is where most of my students look. I can get the grade book to show letter grades only.

My question is that this used to work in 2.1 but doesn't in 2.4. Is this now the default method for 2.4 or is it a bug? If it's not, what's the point of setting course grade settings to letter if this only shows in the grade book?