Lounge

why moodle?

Picture of niyas naaz
why moodle?

friends what is the need of moodle in this  world????

Average of ratings: -
Picture of steffy paul
Re: why moodle?

open software

Picture of MANOJ M

moodle is afree software!!!!

Picture of Jason Ilicic

Moodle isn't just free, open-source software.... it's a community full of genius and years of it to come.

Picture of Hanane Ait Ouakrim

you are right ! it is a dtabase connecting people from different places in the worlds , sharing what they thing and their recent moodle courses online

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
Good question!

When I think of it, isn't it the other way around (in the western philosophy): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum ?
smile

Jim Judges

Ans: to provide Magical Offerings Of Delightful Learning Events

smile

Picture of Paul Taylor

It is needed to evidence the fact that a lot of like minded people in the world can get together and make and exchange something for everyone to benefit from and in most cases, little or no money drives it.

Picture of Etienne Lévy

Dear Paul

I am very glad entering in touch with you again through this forum. We met us eight years ago and I never had a doubt that moodle would become the way to share the knowledge between the human beeing. Unfortunatly I was teaching sustainable development that suffered a first setback after Copenhagen in 2009. and then  came a 2nd setback with the event of Fukushima. I thought I would have the energy to built again the 6 lectures I has made in 2006. It has not been the case and I am sorry of that.

Meleze

Picture of dawn alderson

Hi,

Because moodle has the tools to support (not only education systems for learning and teaching) professional development for all.

Professional development (Is there a need for it?)

Some logic:

Premise=Is it a must -do for anyone proclaiming to be an educator?

Proposition= Yes

Reason= -Why?

All professions (Education, Medicine, Business, Engineering and others) need their professionals (teachers/educators, nurses, accountants, engineers etc) to learn and apply new knowledge and skills that will improve their performance on the job. Many fields require members to participate in *ongoing learning approved by the profession, sometimes as a requirement for keeping their jobs. Professionals often also voluntarily seek new learning. (Mizell, 2010).

* ongoing learning= this could mean via recognised pathways identified by the profession e.g. postgraduate study, professional body courses and so on (such as MAs and/or bespoke courses in moodle), and/or voluntarily seeking new learning-self directed activity involving new experiences, new knowledge and skills that can be 'applied' to inform, and therefore, enhance practice (MOOCs in moodle, for example).

Alternative Proposition=No need for professional development

Reason=-Why not?

Comfortable with knowledge that is in place, and so it can be applied as a solution as it worked before.So, in the good old days, many moons ago, I did this, it worked and it is what I know, why should I know anymore-I know enough-no need to fix something that is not broken and so on-this can be in terms of old fashioned LMSs and old-style/ways of doing on an individual level. 

New Premise based on the above =Yet, knowledge over time becomes obsolete.

Proposition= Is it not then, a necessity to be open to ongoing learning, whether self-directed or across approved professional courses?

Reason=-to ensure an informed voice in the very least?

Conclusion= How? Well, a trigger for the need to learn new stuff can often be in the guise of a gap in one's knowledge, and moodle as an LMS can be used to 'design' courses to support learning that adresses context-based, identified gaps .

cheers,

Dawn