Is there any way a student can see answers already submitted?

Is there any way a student can see answers already submitted?

by Racquel Biem -
Number of replies: 4

I am starting to use lessons in my courses but am finding a bit of frustration when students leave a lesson and then come back and cannot see what they have already submitted. Is there any way a student can see answers already submitted when re-entering a lesson?  Are there original answers lost when they select that they want to re-start the lesson from the beginning?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Racquel Biem

Re: Is there any way a student can see answers already submitted?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Racquel,

In the Quiz activity, there is only one way to navigate the activity, from question to question and page to page. This makes is quite straightforward for a student to "review" their previous attempts.

In the Lesson activity, on the other hand, there is no straightforward navigation. A student can move forward and backward from one page to another in an unpredictable manner. Consequently, it is currently impossible for a student to "retake" a lesson and follow a previously followed path. When a student re-takes a lesson, they start it completely from zero.

Actually, the students' answers are not lost, they are present in the Moodle database, so it would be possible to enable a student to "review" their previous attempt(s), but without the possibility to change anything, of course. This feature has not yet been programmed. It might, if there were enough demand.

Joseph

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Racquel Biem -

When you say that the student can ""review" their previous attempt(s), but without the possibility to change anything,"   Do their answers show? 

In reply to Racquel Biem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Racquel, you got me wrong. I did not say this was possible, but that it might be possible - as a future feature of the Lesson activity. Not at the moment.sad

Joseph

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sali Kaceli -

I was looking for something like this too because it is crucial for the student to see the feedback. At this time, I came accross a block by Joseph Rezeau called Lesson Essay Feedback: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_lesson_essay_feedback. It seems to work though it would be best if something like this would be integrated into core. 

The way it basically works is that you install the block on your site and then in your course you add another block on the left or right hand side called" Lesson Essay Feedback".