Using pictures from quiz questions in other activities

Using pictures from quiz questions in other activities

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

I've tried to re-use pictures that are used in quiz questions for other activities but couldn't find them via server files in file picker.

My process:

• I've created a quiz question in a course, added a file via editor add picture and selected the question to a quiz in the course.
  • I've cretaed a new file ressource and searched for the picture in the question via file picker - server files but couldn't find the picture or a folder with the quiz question picture.

My questions:

• Where are quiz question pictures stored?
  • How can I get access to them if they should be reused again?

Version Moodle 2.3.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Using pictures from quiz questions in other activities

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Who knows where pictures in quiz question can be found by file picker?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Files in a particular area of Moodle will only show up in Server files or Recent files if some extra code is written to make that happen. (And what code you need to write does not seem to be very well documented, which is one reason why I have never done it.)

So, for now, you will meed to upload the files again.

If you know you are going to want to reuse certain files a lot, that it is probably worth uploading them to My private files at the start.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ralf Hilgenstock -

Thanks Tim for the information

by Paula Clough -

As a work around if you don't want to search for the images in your computer you might go to the quiz preview, right click on the image and select save image as. Then save to convenient folder.  You could then zip and upload to your course the folder into a folder resource in your course.  I usually put things like this in an extra topic at the bottom of the course and then set course settings so it doesn't show except when I am editing the course.  The folder will be easy to find in your server files in the file picker.

Paula cool