Conditional activities: Non-editing Teacher Role- Problem with Completion Tracking

Conditional activities: Non-editing Teacher Role- Problem with Completion Tracking

by David Macara -
Number of replies: 0

Hello all. We've recently shifted from 1.9 to Moodle v. 2.3.2 and I've noticed that automatic course completion is no longer working for the (non-editing) teacher role. Topics that feature SCORM content that we've published using Captivate 6 seem to be causing this problem.

I've checked the recommended parameters (as per one of Mary's earlier posts):

i) Set conditional availabilty and completion in Advanced settings.
ii) Checked activity completion is available in the course itself.
iii) Gone to the previous activity and stated how it should be completed (eg view. get a grade, post to a forum etc) and then gone to the current activity to see if the setting is available then.

Worth noting that I've also had a look around Site administration / Users / Permissions / Define roles and couldn't find any inconsistencies that might be causing problems with completion tracking.

I'm writing to work out whether there is a bug at large that might be causing this problem, or some kind of issue with SCORM / Captivate content that might be causing this role-specific issue.

I'm a little stumped as we didn't really have this problem before the upgrade!

Average of ratings: -