I last used Moodle Workshop in version 1.3 and I'm now helping a teacher use it in 2.3 10 years later
From what I remember and have read recently, the workshop module is predicated on every student submitting a digital response which is then graded by a random set of other students. But what I (and Paula Clough) need to do is to have all students assess (via a rubric) a class presentation by a single student. This necessitates a different workflow.
- Student #1 makes 15 minute presentation on subject. 5 mins for questions
- during this presentation the whole class (including teacher) uses the rubric either interactively in the moodle workshop if network bandwidth permits or on paper.
- Student #2 makes her 15 min presentation with 5 mins for comments.
- again, this is assessed anonymously.
- Teacher wraps up class session.
- Very soon after the class students who have recorded their assessments on paper enter these into the workshop activity.
- Teacher gives his assessment and wraps up the grade
- Grade and feedback available to 2 student presenters
I'm thinking that should create a separate Workshop activity for each of these student presentation class sessions otherwise they won't see any results until all the students in the class have made their presentation.
Is it possible to configure the Workshop activity to accept just 2 student 'sumbissions' (though they won't actually submit anything) and have the whole class of students evualte these? Any other hints about configuring the Workshop activity that might helpful would be gratefully received.