css problem

css problem

by kevin labille -
Number of replies: 13

Hello everyone,

I had installed moodle on a test server once and it was working perfectly. Then, I had to install it on a new server, so I followed the same steps that I had already done but here is my problem : my moodle interface has no CSS.. it's plain html.

I'm running the 2.4 version on a ubuntu 10.04 and I'm running it trough Nginx.

Any idea please ?

thanks !

Kevin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to kevin labille

Re: css problem

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

That usually happens when the config.php file is not properly configured. You have to make sure that the addresses in it are correct. For example:

$CFG->wwwroot   = 'http://112.223.121.191/moodle2';
$CFG->dataroot  = 'C:/moodleserver/moodledata';

If your config.php file looks any different, then that I would suggest is the issue.

if it says something like :

$CFG->wwwroot   = '127.0.0.1/moodle';
$CFG->dataroot  = 'C:/oldserver/moodledata';

Then you have it...

In reply to Colin Fraser

by kevin labille -

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the config file and unfortunately the wwwroot and dataroot path are correct..

Any other idea ?

thank you !

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Basics... make sure all caches are cleared. All of them. The ones in Moodle and the ones on your browser.

Check with the Standard theme if you are not already using it.

Is your site public? Can we get a look?

In reply to Howard Miller

by kevin labille -

How do I clear the Moodle cache ?

I am using the stabdard theme. In fact, the CSS is enabled during the instalaltion process. Right after the database configuration step the CSS is no longer working...

yes, the site is public.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector

Clear cache button is right at the top.

Are you going to give me the url for your site then? wink

by kevin labille -

Okay I cleared the cache on Moodle and on my web browser but It didn't solve the problem..

Here, you can have a look by yourself : http://193.52.236.54

Thanks for your help

by Howard Miller -

Doesn't work. Connection times out.

by kevin labille -

Weird...

by Howard Miller -

Actually, the firewall I am currently behind doesn't seem to like your site. I can traceroute to your port 80 from one of my (off site) servers fine but not from here. As everything else works this implies to me that something is weird with your server but I'm struggling to think what it might be.

by Howard Miller -

Just realised, answering somebody else problem. Nginx doesn't handle slasharguments (not be default anyway)

Anyway, Site administration > Server > Http.  Find the option 'Slasharguments' and untick it. Does that help?

by kevin labille -

Wow !! congratulation, it worked !

Thanks a lot smile

It is weird because I didn't have to do it on my previous Moodle server.. which was also under nginx.

I'm working on the server of my university. They might, somehow, block the incoming requests.. I dunno.

Anyway, thanks for your help !