Testing and QA

My picture
Functional running test for MySQL running in Windows 2008/IIS
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

I would like to know the purpose of the functional running tests for the database.

I am using MySQL 5.5.13 in Windows 2008/IIS7 and I got the following exceptions when I run the test:

Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php /  dml_test /  test_unique_index_collation_trouble
Unique index is accent insensitive, this may cause problems for non-ascii languages. This is usually caused by accent insensitive default collation. at [E:\moodle_test\lib\dml\simpletest\testdml.php line 3361]
  • line ... of ...
  • line 3361 of \lib\dml\simpletest\testdml.php: call to SimpleTestCase->fail()
  • line ... of ...
  • line 53 of \admin\tool\unittest\ex_simple_test.php: call to TestSuite->run()
  • line ... of ...
  • line 113 of \admin\tool\unittest\dbtest.php: call to autogroup_test_coverage->run_with_external_coverage()
Exception: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php /  dml_test /  test_unique_index_collation_trouble
Unexpected exception of type [dml_write_exception] with message [Error writing to database] in [E:\moodle_test\lib\dml\moodle_database.php line 397]
Debug info:
Duplicate entry 'aäa' for key 'mdl_unittabl_nam_uix'
INSERT INTO mdl_unit_table (name) VALUES(?)
[array (
  0 => 'aäa',
)]
  • line 973 of \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1015 of \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 3355 of \lib\dml\simpletest\testdml.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line ... of ...
  • line ... of ...
  • line 113 of \admin\tool\unittest\dbtest.php: call to autogroup_test_coverage->run_with_external_coverage()
Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php /  dml_test /  test_sql_binary_equal
SQL operator "=" is expected to be accent sensitive at [E:\moodle_test\lib\dml\simpletest\testdml.php line 3389]
  • line ... of ...
  • line 3389 of \lib\dml\simpletest\testdml.php: call to UnitTestCase->assertEqual()
  • line ... of ...
  • line ... of ...
Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php /  dml_test /  test_sql_binary_equal
SQL operator "=" is expected to be case sensitive at [E:\moodle_test\lib\dml\simpletest\testdml.php line 3392]
  • line ... of ...
  • line 3392 of \lib\dml\simpletest\testdml.php: call to UnitTestCase->assertEqual()
  • line ... of ...
  • line ... of ...
2/2 test cases complete: 1181 passes, 3 fails and 1 exceptions.
Run at Friday, 11 January 2013, 12:30 PM. Time taken: 32 secs. Using SimpleTest version 1.0.1.

Is it something I should be worried about ?

Can you please advise ?

Average of ratings: -
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Re: Functional running test for MySQL running in Windows 2008/IIS
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Those tests are really meant for developers.

Those are known issues with MySQL, discussed here: http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Database_collation_issue

Average of ratings: -