General developer forum

Picture of dim gou
Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: moodle_database::update_record_raw() id field must be specified.

Hello..

i suddenly take the following error

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: moodle_database::update_record_raw() id field must be specified.

The version that i can use is moodle-2.3.3

Whats happening? How i can fix? please help!!!

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Schultz
Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: moodle_database::update_record_raw() id field must be specified.

Hello Dim, I'm having the same issue in 2.3.3. It came on very suddenly with no apparent warning. I found this from a previous post: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=176568 but I haven't been able to fixthe problem yet either.

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: moodle_database::update_record_raw() id field must be specified.

Hi again Dim, are you perchance using Amazon EC2 hosting? I'm working with them now. I've found a bit more information though I haven't resolved the issue yet.

I've also noticed the error is now: "Error reading from database" and I can't access my PHP Admin, though I can still get in through the console.

I hesitate to guess what it is this early on.

Andrew Normore

Hey, make sure you turn on debugging! That will tell me the exact file and line that is the problem. 

Site admin -> Debugging -> Developer

Post back with more details please! 

( This has nothing to do with Amazon servers by the way )

Hi Andrew,

I was unable to get into the site long enough to run debugging initially. The reason I asked about the hosting was that by rebooting the EC2 instance Moodle functioned long enough for me to access the site and run debugging.

Take a look at the attached text file to see the debugging log. There are some obvious issues; I'm just not sure the best resolution.

Thanks for your help.

Some more information that might be helpful:

I've made no recent changes to my config nor run any updates. I was able to launch a new EC2 instance using an image from about a week ago that seems to be running just fine, though an image from 2 days ago has the same problem. On the problem instance I can't access either Moodle or PHPMyAdmin, but if I reboot the server I can access both for roughly 2 minutes before I receive the following errors:

For Moodle I get: "Error reading from database"

For PHPMyAdmin: "Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

I've been using Moodle for 6 Years since 1.9 and have never had it just stop working unless there was a server issue. Again any info you have would be helpful. I can restore, but I'd like to prevent this from happening to myself and others again!

I've got no new information on this error. The day it first appeared I finally resorted to restoring the entire site from a backup. This restore had functioned properly since the date of my original posting.

Unofortunately, through no cause I can make sense of the same error suddenly reappeared without warning yesterday. I restored again and the site was running well, but it is again down today.

I hope someone comes across a solution to this. I'm at a loss.