Installation

Installation

by david crofts -
Number of replies: 2

ok here goes... my front page looks like this..

Warning: mkdir(/home/beecherk/moodledata/cache): Permission denied in /home/beecherk/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 2005

ERROR: Could not find or create a directory (/home/beecherk/moodledata/cache)

Warning: mkdir(/home/beecherk/moodledata/sessions): Permission denied in /home/beecherk/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 2005

ERROR: Could not find or create a directory (/home/beecherk/moodledata/sessions)

Login Afrikaans (af) عربي (ar) Беларуская (be) Български (bg) Català (ca) Cestina (cs) Dansk (da) Deutsch (de) Deutsch - Du (de_du) Ελληνικά (el) English (en) English (en_us) Español - Internacional (es) Español - Argentina (es_ar) Español - España (es_es) Español - Mexico (es_mx) Eesti (et) Euskara (eu) فارسی (fa) Suomi (fi) Français (fr) Français - Canada (fr_ca) Galego (gl) עברית (he) Magyar (hu) Indonesian (id) Italiano (it) Japanese (ja) Japanese (ja_utf8) ಕನ್ನಡ (kn_utf8) 한국어 (ko) Lietuvių (lt) Latvieu (lv) Maori - Ngai Tahu (mi_nt) Bahasa Melayu (ms) Nederlands (nl) Norsk (no) Norsk (no_gr) Polski (pl) Português - Portugal (pt) Português - Brasil (pt_br) Română (ro) Русский (ru) Slovenčina (sk) Slovenèina (sl) Shqip (sq) Српски (sr_utf8) Svenska (sv) Thai (th) Türkçe (tr) Українська (uk) Vietnamese (vi_utf8) 中文 (zh_cn) Taiwan (zh_tw) Taiwan (zh_tw_utf8)

Courses

Available Courses
spacer.gif

No courses in this category

THIS IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT AT PRESENT

Calendar
<<April 2005>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

You are not logged in. (Login)

moodlelogo.gif

Warning: Unknown(): open(/home/beecherk/moodledata/sessions/sess_bb6e848cefaa1b2f74fa827de81ef1cd, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/beecherk/moodledata/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

Can someone point me in the right direction? At the stage in my development I just want to rid the page of the error messages!

Thanks

By the way beware of the extra space at the bottom of the config.php file when saving it!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to david crofts

Re: Installation

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It means what it says smile Moodle can't create stuff in your moodledata directory. This is more likely than not to be a permissions issue. You have two choice, make the web server user (you will need to find out what that is) 'own' the directory (and any sub-directories) which would look something like:

chown -R wwwuser:wwwgroup /home/beecherk/moodledata

..or the quick and dirty is to make it writeable by everyone, which is just about ok on a machine that just you or trusted people have access to, but not on a general use server:

chmod -R 0777 /home/beecherk/moodledata

...hopefully that's all it is

In reply to david crofts

Re: Installation

by Bill Esdale -

Hi David,

Wow.  It looks like you don't have permission to access the subdirectories that Moodle needs to write to as part of the installation process.  Are you installing on a network?  If so, you will need to speaek to the administrator.

I could also offer you a website that you can update yourself, Moodle and authoring tools to help you populate Moodle.  All installed and ready to go.

Have a look at my site at http://techknowledgey.co.uk

Hope that is of some help.

Bill