Xamaleon (Alternative resource for pre-registration)

Xamaleon (Alternative resource for pre-registration)

by Marcos Oliveira -
Number of replies: 0

* Some of my work required to carry out some type of preregistration (search) for the entity (school / company)
could select the right audience for your courses or events.

When using systems like Joomla, you can perform this kind of task because there are many plugins for it.
The fact is that once I came across a situation, unexpected for me, one of those "surveys" had a demand
very high, it made the database of Joomla stay overwhelmed and consequently there was a fall of
link several times. After that I started to evaluate the use of these tools and came to the conclusion that we were
getting much "garbage" accumulated in our database; were the information that served only for research (preregistration).

As a result, I decided to change the way we conduct these events (preregistration/
search

), using a feature that would free the database.
It was once developed a tool for this purpose, it is a registration system (preregistration) based on the storage of
information on XML files.

For a while I used the feature and was very good to me and the companies I worked, we had no more problems with the database.
However, this "tool", stood in my files (backups) for a few years. Some time ago, I remembered her and
I decided to give a "polished" in the codes.

The result of this work is the XAMALEON (Soordle.org part of the project).

A system (Open Source) modular, multi-languages, all built in PHP and XML.

It can work in parallel to any platform (Joomla, Moodle etc.) You have on your site.
With this system it is possible to perform pre-registration online without any impairment in its other applications.
Fully configurable and with possible expansion without major difficulties.

Anyway, I could talk a lot about the system here, but I think that is not the case now.

In the desire to contruibuir with the Moodle community, please know that the system is available for download at:

www.eadgames.com.br

If you want to see a video example of the system being up and running:

I hope this "feature" will be useful somehow to distance learning professionals.

* google translator

Average of ratings: Useful (1)