General help

Picture of Peter Astbury
Duplicate Posting / Uploading

Moodle Version: 2.3.2+ (Build: 20120927)

I have been having an odd problem for a while now which I'm struggling to solve.  When performing a variety of actions (such as uploading a file, creating a label or resource, etc) it often (but not always) seems to perform that action twice.  When making a label for instance I sometimes end up with two copies of that label after hitting 'save'.  When drag and droping a file into a file upload box I frequently end up with filename.ext and filename_2.ext despite only drag and dropping once.

At first I thought perhaps I was accidentally double-clicking submit buttons or maybe there was an issue with my mouse.  However that wouldn't effect drag and drop uploading and this issue happens on various different computers and for different users.

This doesn't seem to happen on other websites, just on our Moodle.  Anybody have any idea what's going wrong?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Peter Astbury
Re: Duplicate Posting / Uploading

Is anybody else having the same problem or is it just me?

Picture of Rick Jerz
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Peter, for what it is worth, I have not had this problem.  I have used Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20121018) and now Moodle 2.4+ (Build: 20121230), and don't have this problem.

Have you checked the Moodle Tracker system to see if anyone has had this problem?

I can say that I have no idea what might be causing this, sorry.  Maybe others will jump in with additional comments.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Peter Astbury

Thanks for the reply Rick.  I hadn't checked the tracker but have had a very quick look now and even a quick look showed various similar issues mostly related to double-clicking have been reported and mostly fixed in newer builds than the one I'm using.  Suspect various different combinations of these issues is causing what I'm seeing.

Updating should resolve but hesistant to do that mid-term will put up with it for a while until our next scheduled update and see if that resovles.

Thanks again!

Picture of Howard Miller
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Just checking - have YOU seen this problem? If so, are you absolutely certain that you only undertake the activity (whatever it is) once?

What I have seen is a site glitching out for some other reason so you refresh and resubmit. In fact the upload HAS worked but the display of it failed and you don't know it.