Extending SingleActivity course presentation style to larger courses

Extending SingleActivity course presentation style to larger courses

by Brian Merritt -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have just raised https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-37416 as I have realised that creating a new course format which is like "SingleActivity" in presentation style (the activity is presented directly, not as a URL) where the course is 10-15 sections is not supported by core Moodle.

If you are interested, or believe there is a better way, please support (and guide and correct).

Attached is a start on the course format, where if there is only one activity or resource I skip the section header and display the activity.  However, I can't find a way to return from say activity "Book" directly to the next relevant section (and activities don't display navigation forward / backward links like course/view.php does.

Thanks if you can help, support, or find a better way to do this wink

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Merritt

Re: Extending SingleActivity course presentation style to larger courses

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Brian,

I'm curous as to where you are with this now?  With inline in MDL-37454 now done is it just a matter of how teachers add activities using a standard course format or is there more to it?

Cheers,

Gareth