Exception - Unknown Type - Upgrade from 2.3.2 to 2.4

Exception - Unknown Type - Upgrade from 2.3.2 to 2.4

by Rich Lang -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I've attempted upgrading several times today, but always seem to fall at the last hurdle. The upgrade process runs just fine, but as soon as I try and login to the upgraded site I get this error:

Exception - Unknown Type

Nothing else appears on the screen.

I am running php5.3.20 mysql5.1.66

Looking for advice please.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rich Lang

Re: Exception - Unknown Type - Upgrade from 2.3.2 to 2.4

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

What is generating the exception? Is it Moodle or is it PHP or the server?  If the version you are installing is no working, try stepping back one release and upgrading to that. Go to the php.ini file and set the error messages to all. See what response you get. If you cant access either that or the server, talk to your host.  

As a general rule, if there are any issues within a PHP app, they are most likely to be found in the latest rlease. So for self protection, it is better to go to the second latest release for your production site - and try the latest release on your test server.

In reply to Colin Fraser

Exception - Unknown Type - Upgrade theme from 2.4.3 to 2.6.1

by Jose Manuel Romero Herrera -

Saludos, para compartir con ustedes, a mi me ha pasado algo similar, sin embargo tiene que ver con el theme que utilice en la version moodle 2.4.3.

Instale moodle 2.6.1 y copie el theme que uso en la version de moodle 2.4.3 al moodle 2.6.1.

El theme se instala sin ningun problema, se actualiza la base de datos, pero al ir a home (inicio) de moodle me aparece el siguiente error:

Exception - Unknown Type

Hasta el momento desconozco el motivo, seguiré investigando.

In reply to Jose Manuel Romero Herrera

Re: Exception - Unknown Type - Upgrade theme from 2.4.3 to 2.6.1

by Tony Galvão -

Hi dude,

I had the same problem. In my case the problem was the theme ... I decided just commenting the lines of the custom menu;

$siteadmin = $topsettings->settings_tree($this->page->settingsnav);

risible_position_menus($siteadmin, $navigation, $hascustommenu, $custommenu, $home);

Sorry my english done by Google Translate.
I hope help you.