Examview (Blackboard 6.x) import plugin for Moodle 2.3

Examview (Blackboard 6.x) import plugin for Moodle 2.3

by Ernie Pao -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 8

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is a plugin that enables Examview test banks (exported into Blackboard 6.x) to be imported to Moodle 2.3.  I have this plugin for Moodle 1.9 and it seems to work fine but not on my Moodle 2.3 install.

Thanks

Ernie

ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
Ernie Pao ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: Examview (Blackboard 6.x) import plugin for Moodle 2.3

by Rob Johnson -

Try the built in Blackboard V6+ import format.  If you are using a recent 2.3 version of Moodle, it should work with any BB export.  This includes Examview and TestGen files exported as BB 6 and 7+.

Rob Johnson ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Ernie Pao -

Thanks Rob, but I've tried the Blackboard V6+, Blackboard, and Examview formats and none of them work.  With Moodle 1.9, I needed to install the Examview (Blackboard 6.x) plugin first.  Not sure about Moodle 2.3.

by Rob Johnson -

Please post exactly which build of 2.3 you are using.  I used the same plugin with 1.9, and there are updates for 2.1+.  That said, sometime in the fall (northern hemisphere) of 2012, Moodle 2.3 was updated so the plugin was no longer needed.  The BB V6+ format was patched to work with all BB files.  I think is was patched with a version of 2.3.1???

Rob Johnson ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Ernie Pao -

I believe the version I have is 2.3.1+ (Build: 20120809).  I'm was going to get my tech guy to update to 2.3.3.  Will this do the trick?

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

The relevant bug is MDL-25492 and the fix was integrated in the 2.3 stable branch with build 20120831 (yes that's just a few weeks after the build you are using, so it's quite normal import doesn't work in your Moodle because it was broken since Moodle 2.0).

I suggest you don't upgrade to 2.3.3 but to 2.3.3+ (or even better to 2.4+ if you can) so that you integrate even more bugfixes.

As the fix has been tested with numerous Examview files, I am very confident your files will import fine after your upgrade. If they don't this would show that either the file is defective or there is a bug in the code. If you are not able to import some of your files after upgrade, please report here so we can find what is wrong.

Jean-Michel Védrine ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Ernie Pao -

Jean-Michel,

Upgrading to 2.4+ seems to have done the trick.  Thanks!

Ernie