Examview (Blackboard 6.x) import plugin for Moodle 2.3

Examview (Blackboard 6.x) import plugin for Moodle 2.3

Ernie Paodən -
Number of replies: 8

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is a plugin that enables Examview test banks (exported into Blackboard 6.x) to be imported to Moodle 2.3.  I have this plugin for Moodle 1.9 and it seems to work fine but not on my Moodle 2.3 install.

Thanks

Ernie

Orta qiymət: -
In reply to Ernie Pao

Re: Examview (Blackboard 6.x) import plugin for Moodle 2.3

Rob Johnsondən -

Try the built in Blackboard V6+ import format.  If you are using a recent 2.3 version of Moodle, it should work with any BB export.  This includes Examview and TestGen files exported as BB 6 and 7+.

In reply to Rob Johnson

Ernie Paodən -

Thanks Rob, but I've tried the Blackboard V6+, Blackboard, and Examview formats and none of them work.  With Moodle 1.9, I needed to install the Examview (Blackboard 6.x) plugin first.  Not sure about Moodle 2.3.

In reply to Ernie Pao

Rob Johnsondən -

Please post exactly which build of 2.3 you are using.  I used the same plugin with 1.9, and there are updates for 2.1+.  That said, sometime in the fall (northern hemisphere) of 2012, Moodle 2.3 was updated so the plugin was no longer needed.  The BB V6+ format was patched to work with all BB files.  I think is was patched with a version of 2.3.1???

In reply to Rob Johnson

Ernie Paodən -

I believe the version I have is 2.3.1+ (Build: 20120809).  I'm was going to get my tech guy to update to 2.3.3.  Will this do the trick?

In reply to Ernie Pao

Jean-Michel Védrinedən -

Hello,

The relevant bug is MDL-25492 and the fix was integrated in the 2.3 stable branch with build 20120831 (yes that's just a few weeks after the build you are using, so it's quite normal import doesn't work in your Moodle because it was broken since Moodle 2.0).

I suggest you don't upgrade to 2.3.3 but to 2.3.3+ (or even better to 2.4+ if you can) so that you integrate even more bugfixes.

As the fix has been tested with numerous Examview files, I am very confident your files will import fine after your upgrade. If they don't this would show that either the file is defective or there is a bug in the code. If you are not able to import some of your files after upgrade, please report here so we can find what is wrong.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

Ernie Paodən -

Jean-Michel,

Upgrading to 2.4+ seems to have done the trick.  Thanks!

Ernie