SCORM not loading

SCORM not loading

by michael pillay -
Number of replies: 8

Hi, I am having issues with my course as it just does not load? moodle not loading

Average of ratings: -
In reply to michael pillay

Re: SCORM not loading

by Rob Johnson -

It would be helpful if you provide more information.  What version of Moodle?  What did you use to author the package?  How is your site hosted?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by michael pillay -

hi rob, sorry am new to this.

PHP Version 5.4.9

Moodle  2.4

Ispring pro

Ive loaded a test course  and that worked however since then i am able to view the outline of the slides but no actual prsentation it doesnt go pass the load state

In reply to michael pillay

by Jarred Armstrong -

Hey Michael,

I'm experiencing a similar problem. Running a LAMP server. Moodle 2.4. Packaging SCO's with 'Reload Editor'. I need to upload the SCORM package.zip file twice (overwrite the first upload) before my SCORM packages will play.

Once the student runs throught the course and the LMS gets the 'completed' status for the module it fails to load if launched again, just get that blank grey screen with the course structure to the left.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

In reply to Jarred Armstrong

by Jarred Armstrong -

by Amy Groshek -
If your SCORM player components (TOC, SCORM container, etc) are generated in the page, then the likely culprit is either zlib compression or the new filtering settings in M23 which allow filters to be applied to uploaded content. For those cases, try disabling zlib compression and turning off filtering for uploaded files.

If your SCORM player components are not generated in the page, and you have a JS error regarding setData (Chrome) or thisselect (Firefox) (attaching screenshot), then check out MDL-37397.
Attachment Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 10.06.12 AM.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Amy Groshek

by Jarred Armstrong -

Thanks for your help Amy,

However my problem doesn't seem to be related to the above tracker ticket. It seems frivolous, but it appears I needed to select the check box 'Start new attempt' before entering the SCORM package the second time roundscreenShot

Is it necessary to keep that check box? Shouldn't entering/re-entering the SCORM package be enough for a student to commit to a new attempt?

Anyway, thanks again

by Amy Groshek -
Hi Jarred,

Take a minute to congratulate yourself on having such a simple problem. smile

You can set the Moodle SCORM activity to only allow a single attempt or set the number of (multiple) attempts allowed. But in order for there to be multiple attempts, rather than editing the settings of the existing attempt during SCO launch, the end-user does have to indicate that a new attempt is desired. That lets Moodle know to serve up a blank set of SCORM API data to the active SCO, so that, for example, rather than lesson_status of "completed," the SCO again gets a lesson_status of "not started".

Another option is to configure your SCORM package so that users can still access the content even after lesson_status is set to completed. It really depends on what your goal is for your end-users.

Regards,
A

Average of ratings: Useful (1)