CROSSPOSTED IN GENERAL PROBLEMS FORUM
I just got word that one of our courses in inaccessible this evening. The main page of the course gives the message "Error reading from database". Debugging (developer mode) gives the following:
Debug info: Unknown column 'hotpot' in 'where clause'
WHERE hotpot = ?
AND userid = ?
AND timefinish <> 0 LIMIT 0, 1
0 => '4',
1 => '2',
)] Stack trace:
- line 394 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
- line 768 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
- line 1591 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_recordset_sql()
- line 473 of /blocks/progress/lib.php: call to moodle_database->record_exists_sql()
- line 115 of /blocks/progress/block_progress.php: call to get_attempts()
- line 280 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_progress->get_content()
- line 232 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
- line 926 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
- line 978 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
- line 349 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
- line 5 of /theme/aardvark_postit/layout/default.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
- line 685 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
- line 637 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
- line 211 of /course/view.php: call to core_renderer->header()
It is possible to access ALL the course files and activities via the main navigation menu. I can access and complete both hotpot activities, for example. So I'm not sure what the sticking point is.
I'm reluctant to disable either the Progress Bar or the hotpot module because both are used a lot in other courses.
If I want to disable one of the hotpot activities, or its inclusion in the Progress Bar, how can I do this? I can't see where the files might be stored on the server.
Any help appreciated!
UPDATE: I have now hidden all hotpot activities via the Manage activities page in Admin settings and the problem course is accessible again. I also have the current version of hotpot installed.