Face-to-face (plugin)

Facetoface 2.2.3 Released

Picture of Alastair Munro
Facetoface 2.2.3 Released

Hi Everyone,

I have just uploaded version 2.2.3 of the Face-to-face module to the plugin database.

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_facetoface

This version includes patches to fix the details section in the session not being saved and also a reworking of calendar events to make them more configurable. There is also a new icon for Moodle 2.4 compatibility (thanks to Paul Walker from Catalyst IT Europe for converting the old icon into the new format).

Here is a full list of the changes/fixes:

Bug fixes:
- Fix details editor for session so it saves correctly

Improvements:
- Make calendar events more configurable
- Add new SVG icon (Moodle 2.4 compatibility)
- Change style of table on session signup page to better display large amounts of content in the details of the session

Cheers,
Alastair

Average of ratings: -
My son
Re: Facetoface 2.2.3 Released

I currently have Moodle 2.4 with Facetoface version 2012140604.  When I try to upgrade to 2013010300 it hangs.  To interrupt the upgrade I need to restart the httpd service.

After that, I can't resume the upgrade because the usercalentry field is already created.  I've tried manually dropping this field and upgrading again but it still hangs.

Any ideas?  How can I debug to see where it gets stuck?

Thanks,
Aylwin

Hi Aylwin,

Sorry about that. Someone else has also reported this issue and I released a small fix for it about an hour or 2 ago. If you download the latest version of Face-to-face again, it should be updated to version 2.2.3.1 now. The bug should be fixed.

Cheers,
Alastair

My son

Hi Alastair,

Unfortunately, still no joy. sad  The upgrade no longer hangs the system (for example, I can connect to phpmyadmin), the upgrade seems to go on forever and renders the moodle site inaccesssible.

How long should the upgrade take?  For each upgrade attempt, I wait around 10-15 mins.  After which, I reverted back to the old version.  Could I be doing something wrong?  Could've the previous upgrade attempts perhaps screwed something up?

I've been using Facetoface since Moodle 1.9 and have never had any upgrade problems. sad

Regards,
Aylwin

Hi Aylwin,

What version of Face-to-face are you updating from? Also the upgrade updates all the existing instances of face-to-face so this could take quite a while. How many face-to-face activities do you think you have overall?

Cheers,
Alastair

My son

Hi Alastair,

I'm upgrading from 2012140604. There aren't that many face-to-face activities I think.  There can't be more than 50.  I've tried the upgrade again and it's been going now for about 30 minutes.  I'll try to leave it for as long as no one complains.

Aylwin

Picture of Jenna Pitcher

Calendar options are nicely done Alastair!  We just upgraded our Moodle 2.1.7 staging server to Moodle 2.2.6 to take a look at the changes. 

I'm looking forward to opening our courses for guest access now that F2F properly redirects users to log in when signing up for a session, if they haven't done so already.

Thanks for all your work!

Jenna