2.3.3 - Bulk Course Uploader

2.3.3 - Bulk Course Uploader

by Gary Harris -
Number of replies: 2

When we were testing Moodle 2.3.3, I could have sworn that I tested a built-in bulk course uploader that used a tab delimited text file, CSV, or other format. Now that we have upgraded, I can't find that functionality anywhere. Is there a built-in bulk course uploader for 2.3.3, and if so, where is it?

Thanks,

Gary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Harris

Re: 2.3.3 - Bulk Course Uploader

by Lesli Smith -

Hi, Gary.  I'm not sure about the built in part of your question as I think there are still a few things left for approval for this functionality to be part of core (at least according to the ongoing discussion logged in the tracker here).

However, I can report that I have had pretty good success myself with using Piers Harding's tool as of 2.3.2 for adding courses, at least, and he has posted a link to the latest version at the bottom of the tracker thread.

I know you are on 2.3.3, so I hope this still helps you seek what you need from the right folks in the right places.  We haven't done the bump to the latest 2.3 version yet, so I can't confirm whether that will matter or not.  I'm hoping not, but even if it does, Piers has been extremely fast in responding to community requests in the past. 

Best,

Lesli

In reply to Lesli Smith

Re: 2.3.3 - Bulk Course Uploader

by Lesli Smith -

Update: I just tested post 2.3.3 upgrade update, and I confirmed that I can still create multiple courses from one template using a CSV to generate course creation and using Piers Harding's tool to trigger the creation; no errors.

Again, hope that helps to send you in the right direction for figuring out how to get it on your system.

Best,

Lesli