Appearance of tabs in standard

Appearance of tabs in standard

by John Papaioannou -
Number of replies: 1
This forum looks like the correct place to whine... tongueout

Am I the only one that finds the CSS rollover effect for tabs in the standard theme counter-intuitive? "Conventional wisdom" holds that at any one time, the "pulled highest upwards" tab should be the one that we 're currently viewing. However, right now the tab on which we 're hovering is pulled higher than the others.

I 'm not saying that I don't like the effect at all, just that its current implementation is not "what people would expect" given the way tabs work in desktop software UIs.

Thoughts?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Papaioannou

Re: Appearance of tabs in standard

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, you're the only one. wink wink

Look at it this way ... it's indicating which one will be selected when you click.

The rollover is easy to lose (it's just a CSS style) and given that the effect is kinda slow currently on Safari (you have to hover for a couple of seconds the first time for the image to get pulled in) it might be a good idea.   Desktop UIs don't have any rollover effects at all - I thought we were ahead here.  smile