How can I know who is subscribed to a forum?

How can I know who is subscribed to a forum?

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 5
Particularly the site news forum.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to N Hansen

Re: How can I know who is subscribed to a forum?

by Darren Smith -
Go into the news forum and (if everyone is not forced to be a member) at the top right of the screen - underneath update this forum - it says 'Show/edit current subscribers'.
In reply to N Hansen

by Anders-Petter Andersson -
Log in as administrator and turn on editing. select a forum and click the show/edit current subscribers. When in editing mode you'll see the subscribers and potential subscribers. This is very usefull because you can select and subscribe /unsubscribe people as you want, for instance subscribe users without needing to enroll them as students first. I use this all teh time

Cheers
Anders-Petter
In reply to Anders-Petter Andersson

by V S -
This question has been asked over years and in several places; there is not an answer that I can find.

The question is --
after we have enrolled people to a course,
after we have gone to the forum,
selected show/edit subscribers
ensure editing is on
and there are 'no participants' to subscribe,
what do we do?

thanks!
Vic

In reply to V S

participants do not show up

by V S -
I still have this problem and no resolution. This occurs in all of my forums.

Although I have over 70 people enrolled in all courses, only 40+ have subscribed -- and some to a few forums, and others to others. No consistency. I need everyone to be subscribed to all, and asking them to do this manually is not reliable.

Of course, it seems that the 'potential subscribers' box on the forum edit should show the rest of the members in each course who are not yet subscribed.

However, this box has never shown anyone at all, in any of the dozen forums in as many courses.

Potential subscribers

The only resolution I can determine, to actually ensure that everyone is subscribed, is to manually 'log in as' each student, and go to each forum, and click 'subscribe'. This is very time consuming, and while possible for me to do with 70+ members total, this would be impossible with hundreds or thousands of students.

How are others handling this situation?

Why is my 'potential subscribers' box not showing everyone who is enrolled in a course, and not already subscribed -- and thus, a potential subscriber?

Much appreciation -- and hope that there is a solution before I must do this manually.
Best,
Vic

In reply to V S

Re: participants do not show up

by Leonardo Lazarte -
Hi, Vic,

It's difficult to say why there are no potential subscribers, without analizing your configuration.

I would check that there are, in fact, 70 students in your course, by clicking in "participants". Then, I would check if there are no division in separate groups, and if the forum is not configured to separate in groups.

Anyway, if what you want is that everybody is subscribed, why don't you use this option in configuring the fórum? Choose either "force everybody to subscribe, forever" or "force everybody to subscribe, initially".

Hope that helps. Please note that the quoted "..." terms might be different from what you actually see, my Moodle is not in English, and I made a free translation.

Leonardo