Matching and HTML in Answers

Re: Matching and HTML in Answers

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You can however include HTML when using the drag drop matching question type as illustrated in the following image where I have added the flag images.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Tzvi Daum -

Hi Marcus,

I appreciate the response. My problem with using anything outside of the Moodle core question types be it drag and drop or Hot Potatos (as Joseph suggested) is that I am worried that after future upgrades of Moodle these question types will not work without me restarting from scratch. I believe that is what happened after the upgrade to Moodle 2.0 where the question engine underwent a major revision. Plus, you are at the mercy of the maintainer if there is one. If I knew this question type would be added to the core Moodle, I would consider it.

Tzvi

In reply to Tzvi Daum

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You are right to be concerned about the update of contributed questions Tzvi.  I have been making extensive use of the ddmatching question type for several versions of Moodle and there was a gap when it did not work with one version.

I was unaware that it would not work with 2.4 until you asked your question and that is going to make me shy of making that upgrade. I think it is unlikely to be added to the core at any point.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Marcus,

the drag and drop matching question is not ready for Moodle 2.4 that Tzvi is using. See my message asking for help in the developer's forum.