TaskChain in Moodle 2.2.3 - No Results

TaskChain in Moodle 2.2.3 - No Results

by Jeff Finnan -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Gordon,

I have some break time to play around with TaskChain.

I am using my own Moodle 2.2.3 to test out TaskChain since my school uses 2.2. I am also using TaskChain version v0.9.11.  I think the present one you have in this thread where you first presented TaskChain is now .13.

Setting up the chain seems fairly simple. Since I had already have my HotPots numbered, the chain is ordered for me automatically.  I just upload a zip file and unzip it. I set up the TaskChain with Force Resume. Other  than the first quiz, they all have a pre-condition of "Previous task" and a post-condition "=>90% Next task" with the last being "End of chain."

When I complete the first quiz with a passing score it brings up the previous quiz and the new one. If I keep completing each new quiz, I complete the chain. However, it is not recorded in the grades. I made sure to change my role to that of student before embarking on the chain. Also let's say I have completed a quiz or two and back out. When I click on the TaskChain, it comes up with the button "start new chain attempt". I cannot get back into the unfinished chain. If I click on any of the side panel options for Overview, Scores, Responses, or Item Analysis, I get blank pages.

Something I am doing incorrectly? Should I install the newer version?

Thanks,

Jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Finnan

Re: TaskChain in Moodle 2.2.3 - No Results

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi Gordon,

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jeff,
thanks for trying out TaskChain, and for sending in the feedback approve

I hope to revisit TaskChain conditions next week - I noticed some similar strangeness myself.

After that I hope to finish of the reports. That work will include fixing the grades.

best regards
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the update. If you ever want me to test something let me know. Other than this glitch, it looks great.

Jeff