can't collapse or expand arrows

can't collapse or expand arrows

by Andrew Golightly -
Number of replies: 9

I can suddenly no longer expand the arrows.

This is a major issue as I can't access any site maintenance functions. How do I get around this?

Or can someone please tell me what the exact URL is for maintenance mode and setting automated backups... going to the pages directly seems to still work.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Golightly

Re: can't collapse or expand arrows

by Jon Fila -

Which version of Moodle are you using? Are you using a standard theme? If not, switch themes and see what happens.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You may have a problem with Javascript. Try loading your page in Chrome and press Ctrl-Shift-J and see if there is a Javascript error message. Also try going to the admin menu and purging the cache. I had a similar problem only yesterday and purging the cache did the trick.

You can get directly to the code to purge the cace from 

www.yourdomain.com/moodle/admin/purgecaches.php

In reply to Marcus Green

by Andrew Golightly -

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I found error messages:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://awarenessonline.com/lib/jwplayer/jwplayer.js
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'load_flowplayer' of undefined yui_combo.php:8

And I see why it failed to load that resource, as the Moodle software is located at awarenessonline.com/onlinecourses

So looks like the database needs to be updated. The config file is correct, so not sure why it's looking in the wrong place.

$CFG->wwwroot   = 'http://awarenessonline.com/onlinecourses';

In reply to Marcus Green

by Andrew Golightly -

I just tried your idea of purging the cache by going directly to that URL. Worked great. Thank you smile

In reply to Marcus Green

by Arif Shah -

Hi,

I have the same problem on our Moodle 2.5.1 site running on WIndows 2008, IIS 7.5, SQL Server 2012, PHP 5.3.27. Already tried 'Purge Cache' method but that doesn't make any difference.

Please advise if there is anything else I could try. 

Already spent days trying to get my head round this. None of the site admin functions or SCORM courses work.

Many thanks
Arif Shah

In reply to Arif Shah

by Guillermo Madero -
In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Arif Shah -

Thanks very much for your suggestion Guillermo.

I tried disabling 'Use Slash' option that got the menus working but SCORM courses would neither load for learners nor I am able to update them.

I have created another post with more details if you could kindly follow I would be grateful.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=236063

Regards
Arif Shah 

by Alan Hovden -

I tried purging the Moodle cache as advised above and it worked perfectly!