Google Docs Repository

Google Docs Repository

by Debbie Heck -
Number of replies: 11

We upgraded to Moodle 2.3.3+ today and I am having trouble getting Google Docs Repository to work. I have gone into Google API Console and have the Client ID & Client Secret that I copied and pasted into the correct boxes. Now when I try to connect with Google Docs I get the following error. Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do, where I can go in and fix it? it worked prior to the upgrade.

Thanks,

Debbie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Heck

Re: Google Docs Repository

by Debbie Heck -

We got it fixed. The URI wasn't correct in the Google Console

In reply to Debbie Heck

by Debbie Heck -

Me again, new issue with Google Docs. We have 2 Moodle instances in our district one for High School and one for PreK-8. We got Google Docs to work for HS but when I log into it in the PreK-8 instance it says there are no files available. How can this be when I am logging into the same Google account? I made sure I logged out of the HS instance in case there was some interference there, but it is still saying No files available. Ideas?

Thanks,

Debbie

In reply to Debbie Heck

by Rob Johnson -

Did you set up a unique client ID, secret, and callback address for the PreK-8 site?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Debbie Heck -

Yes, it has a seperate ID, Secret and callbackaddress.

In reply to Debbie Heck

by Rob Johnson -

I have two sites set up in similar fashion.  We Mnet from one to the other.  Gdocs has no problem on my setup.  What happens if you logout of Google in the file picker, and log back in?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Debbie Heck -

Same message: No Files Available

I have also tried logging in as another user to see if it was my user account and got the same message.

In reply to Debbie Heck

by Rob Johnson -

Are the sites on separate domains/sub-domains?  Mine are on different sub-domains.  I am not sure if that makes a difference.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Debbie Heck -

the site that works is connecting to the main domain and the one that isn't working is connecting to the sub-domain.

In reply to Debbie Heck

by Rob Johnson -

I just checked my settings on the Google API console, and I can't see anything special that stands out.  My main site is on www.mymoodle.org, and the other site is subdomain.mymoodle.org.  I even tested subdomain.mymoodle.org/subdirectory, and I could get a test Moolde there to see files.

Have you tried a test account with a gmail address outside your domain?  I would set that up on the PreK-8 site and see if it lets you log in and see docs.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Debbie Heck -

Rob,

We are still having an issue and I was re-reading this and was wondering what you meant by, 'We Mnet from one to the other."

Debbie

In reply to Debbie Heck

by Rob Johnson -

Hi Debbie,

Mnet refers to Moodle networking.  My main site (www.mydomain,org) is a medium sized Moodle that serves an entire K-12 school district.  My second site is dedicated to high school teched ed classes (teched.mydomain.org).  Students log in to the main site to gain access to the tech ed site.  The click a link. Moodle networking allows me to maintain accounts only on the main site.  Tech ed student accounts are auto created when the link is clicked.  Mnet also works with the Mahara eportfolio platform.  We have a Mahara site networked with our main site too.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Rob