Grades out of order

Re: Grades out of order

by Brian Peat -
Number of replies: 6

To follow up on this, if I'm careful and I create activities one at a time and don't dupe them and don't drag them around, everything is fine. I'll be duping courses later today so we'll see how that goes, but I suspect since each original course is clean it won't be an issue.

But, I think the system needs to be tweaked and that the grades should ALWAYS follow the order of the course itself unless an admin overrides the order on the back end. And then, if you're going to continue to use the IDs that you currently use in the db, moodle needs to be able to reassign the entire table to actually let you re-order things...OR, that ID needs to be dumped and some sort of smart ID that is tied to the course needs to be used instead so that the order of the table doesn't matter.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not a programmer, I just know it was pretty easy to break the grading order and there was no way to fix it in the admin short of starting over.

In reply to Brian Peat

by Catherine Berry -

You can change the order of grade items within the gradebook. Go to Categories and items: Simple view, and you will find a list of all your grade items. In the Actions column, click on the arrow key to move an item.

I think the default is to list items in the order they were created - I do agree with you that it would be more useful if they were listed in the order in which they appear in the course.

Hope this helps.

In reply to Catherine Berry

by John Hughes -

Thanks Catheine - very useful

Am I correct in  thinking that every user will have to do this "re-ordering"?

John

In reply to John Hughes

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi John

Catherine is correct, the grade items are sorted in the order the activity was created.  Teachers can sort the items using the move up/down icon on the Categories & Items screen of the gradebook.

I hope this helps smile
Cheers
Teresa

Attachment Grades  Categories and items.png
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Brian Connor -

I have had the same issue.  The reorder tool doesn't work consistently.