I have been trying to set up our department's Moodle so it will follow the My Moodle format. I have read all the information on the forums at Moodle.org but just can not get it to work properly. Here is what I have done with no luck:
1) Front page settings are set to: Front Page: All None; Front Page Items when logged in: one line is set to list of categories. The box for Include a topic section is checked so a topic section is displayed on the site's front page.
2) We are using the Standard White theme.
3) I have added a login block to the front page.
4) Under Appearance>My Moodle> I have checked Force Users to use My Moodle.
I typed some text into the topic section on the front page but when I log out all I see is the screenshot attached.
1) Why won't the text in the topic section on the front page show up?
2) Why does the login block not appear, only the large one in the center?
I'd like the login block to appear on the side so we can fill the center area with text. Is this possible in 1.9.11? I can not find any of the old docs for this, only 2.0 and up.