help with designing new report Overview+Site wide report

help with designing new report Overview+Site wide report

by Rajiv Agarwal -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

i have raised this issue in Tim's forum hoping for some SQL code, but i was told that a report is the only way out, hence my request here. (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=136484#p951528)

What i want to do is, have a report which gives one the overview of a student (in the first column) and then his performance across various courses with coursewise totals in subsequent columns, with a category total (with percentage and rank, if possible) This report should be done for the entire class, (with an option for a studentwise report card later on) (another add on, could be that each total is actually a link, which shows the breakup of the total across quizzes, assignments which make up the total)

This would help the administration to monitor the overall performance of each student.

I need this report (desperately!) as coursewise reports are cumbersome to take out, and an overall progress report is needed..

Something like:

Course 1         Course 2    C3   C4    Total

Student1         70                  50           60     40    220

Student 2         90                    0          80    20     190

I have made a report using the sitewide code in the configurable report plug in, and have got a listing of the course totals in the first column, and can also restrict the users to a particular category, but am unable to put the various courses across the columns. I could export this to excel, but would prefer to have a single report here itself, without any external processing.

i am not well versed with SQL or PHP and am struggling to get this report up...any ideas or help would be highly appreciated!!

regards

Average of ratings: -