Cron job syntax with Godaddy VDS in order to get posting alerts sent out

Cron job syntax with Godaddy VDS in order to get posting alerts sent out

by Gary Lebowitz -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

I've just set up a Moodle 2.3.2 site on a GoDaddy VDS and would like to duplicate the cron job I had in shared Linux hosting, but on a VDS, where the critical path is different. Hopefully the actual cron job syntax isn't. The domain name is gurq.net and the directory that the auto-install of Plesk created is /site2. My approximation at getting this right is:

/var/www/vhosts/gurq.net/cgi-bin/php5_3 "$HOME/site2/admin/cli/cron.php"

The part up to /cgi-bin I got from critical paths information provided by GoDaddy. The php5_3 part I stuck in since that was what was at the end of the old cron job command that worked. Not at all sure of the part after the quotation marks with a VDS. /site2 is where the moodle installation is sitting. Any tweaks of this to get it working would be appreciated. By the way, I contacted GoDaddy's normally helpful staff, but this time they told me to "see my server administrator", which in my case means I should see myself. wink

My variation on the above command, after reading the appropriate cron job description at moodle.org and looking again at GoDaddy critical path information, is:

/var/www/vhosts/gurq.net/cgi-bin/php5_3 "/var/www/vhosts/gurq.net/site2/admin/cli/cron.php"

Average of ratings: -