What is the best way to present an old-school set of lessons in Moodle ?

What is the best way to present an old-school set of lessons in Moodle ?

by Georgi Nikolaev -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to Moodle and I am struggling with the course creation and the proper content presentation. 

Can someone please explain to me, if I want to present a set of lessons (Some text and pictures attached to it) - let's say 10 pages. Then few questions. 

I am trying this with Lesson activity but it seems like I need to present 'Choices' for every Lesson I present and I don't see navigation to move to the next 'page'. 

Thank you in advance for the help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Georgi Nikolaev

Re: What is the best way to present an old-school set of lessons in Moodle ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Try adding a 'Book' resource. (Assuming you are using Moodle 2.3 or later.)

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Georgi Nikolaev -

Thanks Tim. I just tried the book but doesn't seems to be what I am looking for. I am may be trying to structure the content in the wrong way. 

If you want to make a course and want to provide the students with some text/picture-based lectures how do you usually do it? I know how to place the quizzes to test their knowledge after the lectures, so that's not a problem. But I am struggling to understand the logic of Moodle when I want to present information to the students. 

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Georgi. Could you explain more why the book is not what you are looking for? An alternative would be to use a lot of "pages" which allow you to add text and pictures (and videos and sound) so the students just read the content  - but then that would be just the same as a book? If it helps, you could look at some of the courses on the School demo site to see how they have structured their learning: http://school.demo.moodle.net/ 

Also -in terms of the Lesson module, you can set it so they only have one choice to make, which takes them to the next part of the lesson, if that helps.  Have you looked at Lesson ?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Georgi Nikolaev -

Hi Mary,

Thank you very much for your response. Looks like I had to spend some more time on the Book and Lesson. I was thinking very narrowed down as how the whole system works and I was actually looking for kind of templates for content pages. I had some little experience with Dokeos before and there they had that option so I was thinking that Moodle, as N1 on the market, it will has them too. 

I would also love to understand how I can design more beautiful pages? Can you give me some hints on that too. 

For now, I think Books and Lessons will be good for me, but definitely looking for ways to make it more beautiful. 

Thank you for your support and help!

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.