So I have seen this being asked in the forums/tracker a few times, and I was playing with the new ical feature in 2.4, to figure out if this was possible. Turns out it is. So this is how you can achieve this:-
- Create a public calendar in google say cal1
- Create events on cal1 whenever you want
- Go to your moodle>calendar>manage subscription
- create a user(or any other type you want) using the cal1 ical url (can be found in cal settings)
- Now all your cal1 events are there in moodle
- Now create a cal2 in google calendar using the export url from your moodle calendar
- now cal2 has is in complete sync with moodle calendar, and can be used to share with other peoples.
- to summarise cal2 will show all events that you either create in moodle or in cal1
I know this is not completely ideal situation as one to one sync. But still hope this helps someone.