General help

Picture of Rick Jerz
Re: "New window" behaviour in v 2.4
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi DeWayne, the very simple answer to your question is that the fix is already in the latest stable release of Moodle 2.4 at http://download.moodle.org/.

My guess, however, is that your question might be "how do I upgrade," right? If so, the simple answer to this question can be found in the Moodle docs.  But I have seen some of yours and others discussions that "simple" is not always "simple".  But it can be.  (By the way, I forget where you are with your system because I haven't watch your posts carefully enough.)

Last night, I wasn't sure if this fix was incorporated into the latest release, so I upgraded my "experiment" moodle.  This took me less than 10 minutes, really!  Now that the two major problems that I had with Moodle 2.4 are resolved, I am ready to upgrade my production moodle site.  It too should take less than 10 minutes, but I am always very careful, so when ready, I will do the upgrade more casually.  It might take me 20 minutes.  I am between semesters, so there is no urgent rush.  I will probably upgrade sometime today, giving me several weeks to make sure everything in Moodle 2.4 is ready for students.

Average of ratings: -
Me

It wored, kind of; I cannot login. When I did upgrades like this in 1.9 I had to delete the session files in the moodledata. That does not exist in 2.4; is ther something like that I have to do here?

Picture of Rick Jerz

Did you make sure to retain your config.php file from your old moodle, and move it to your new moodle?  I am not sure about the "session files".  Even when I was running Moodle 1.9+, I don't recall needing to do this.  Nope, I don't do anything like this in 2.4 either.

Me

opps, I forgot to copy that over. I did now and it works. Sorry.

Thanks

Picture of Rick Jerz

Make sure to keep of list of things to do when you upgrade so that you don't forget. 

I think that you are getting the hang of this Moodle stuff, and maybe even starting to enjoy it a little.  smile

By the way, just a hour ago, I upgraded my production Moodle 2.3 to 2.4.  Everything went well.