"New window" behaviour in v 2.4

Re: "New window" behaviour in v 2.4

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi DeWayne, the very simple answer to your question is that the fix is already in the latest stable release of Moodle 2.4 at http://download.moodle.org/.

My guess, however, is that your question might be "how do I upgrade," right? If so, the simple answer to this question can be found in the Moodle docs.  But I have seen some of yours and others discussions that "simple" is not always "simple".  But it can be.  (By the way, I forget where you are with your system because I haven't watch your posts carefully enough.)

Last night, I wasn't sure if this fix was incorporated into the latest release, so I upgraded my "experiment" moodle.  This took me less than 10 minutes, really!  Now that the two major problems that I had with Moodle 2.4 are resolved, I am ready to upgrade my production moodle site.  It too should take less than 10 minutes, but I am always very careful, so when ready, I will do the upgrade more casually.  It might take me 20 minutes.  I am between semesters, so there is no urgent rush.  I will probably upgrade sometime today, giving me several weeks to make sure everything in Moodle 2.4 is ready for students.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by DeWayne Demland -

It wored, kind of; I cannot login. When I did upgrades like this in 1.9 I had to delete the session files in the moodledata. That does not exist in 2.4; is ther something like that I have to do here?

In reply to DeWayne Demland

by Rick Jerz -

Did you make sure to retain your config.php file from your old moodle, and move it to your new moodle?  I am not sure about the "session files".  Even when I was running Moodle 1.9+, I don't recall needing to do this.  Nope, I don't do anything like this in 2.4 either.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by DeWayne Demland -

opps, I forgot to copy that over. I did now and it works. Sorry.

Thanks

In reply to DeWayne Demland

by Rick Jerz -

Make sure to keep of list of things to do when you upgrade so that you don't forget. 

I think that you are getting the hang of this Moodle stuff, and maybe even starting to enjoy it a little.  smile

By the way, just a hour ago, I upgraded my production Moodle 2.3 to 2.4.  Everything went well.